Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yet another Love Story: Chapter 1

She saw him by the elevator and her heart skipped a beat. Although she has not thought much of her prince charming, he looked like one. She didn’t like feeling so attracted without even talking to him, but one can’t really choose how to feel, right? He was tall, had thick dark hair and a nice moustache. His ears and nose looked perfect to her and his eyes had a mix of sharpness and softness to them. She stopped herself from thinking any more about him and decided to go talk to him, as he was walking by her now.

“Hello” – she said.

“Hi” – he said and started to walk past her.

“Do you have a minute?”

“Yes, how can I help you?”

“I am new to this company and this is my first day. Can you tell me where the HR department is?”

“Sure, but it would be easier if I took you there as this building is not straightforward.”

She couldn’t believe he was doing this for her.

“How long have you been here?”

“It will be two years soon.”

“What department are you working in?”

“I am in the Mergers and Acquisitions group.”

“I will be in the investment banking division” she says noting that he doesn’t ask her any questions.

“Here we are” he says pointing to a room. “Nice meeting you. Good luck in your job.”

“Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it”.

“Bye-Bye” he says and leaves.

She stands there looking at his back for sometime before she remembers that she needs to focus on starting her job.

After a week in the company, she calls him and asks if he would like to have coffee with her. He is not sure why she is doing this but says yes out of courtesy.

They meet after work one day to go get coffee. She suggests the Starbucks nearby but he says that he prefers smaller coffee places and suggests a place called Everest Coffee Company which is out of the way. She reluctantly agrees to go there as her tastes in coffee are very exclusive (read picky).
- To be Continued

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nithya,

Hmm, yet another love story, huh! Cool, go for it. Have read your first two chapters. Keep them coming.

Priya

Anonymous said...

"a nice moustache" :)

Anonymous said...

i caught the moustache detail, too. is this strictly fictional? i'm interested to see where this goes.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Really liked reading through your blog and admire your simplistic outlook towards life. Waiting for the love story to unfold.

SDS

Nithya said...

The above two comments disappeared from blogger and so I posted them as anonymous.

Nithya

Nithya said...

Mandy/Lisa: I guess I revealed myself through the moustache detail.

Mandy: It is fictional (although you can see "me" in my character). That is my story and I am sticking with it (ha ha ha).

Nithya said...

SDS,

Thanks for your nice comments.